Apply to be a Paws of Love Foster Carer
Every foster animal has different physical, emotional and social needs. If you decide you would like to foster for Paws of Love, these needs will be discussed at in length.
Requirements of being a foster carer can include but not limited too:
- Providing a safe, clean and secure home.
- Supplying unconditional love to animals even when they can’t give it back.
- Food and Litter (Donations are sometimes available, but not always)
- Occasional Transporation
- A few hours of your time every now and then for fundraisers and Pet Adoption Days
- Conducting meets and greets with potential adopters
- Socializing the foster animal – This will vary between the animals.
Once you have completed our expression of interest form (below), it will be reviewed by one of our board members. Should you be suitable, you will be contacted and a meet and greet will be arranged, as well as an inspection of your home to ensure suitability for foster care.
Once the animal is in your care, there is an expectation that you will foster them until they are adopted. This can be anywhere from 1 week to 3 months.
Paws of Love will cover the organisation and cost of all pre-arranged vet appointments and medical expenses for the animal while in foster care.